How Will I Be Spending My Summer?

Of what little we have over here in good ol'Blighty, it is now officially summer. I always presume a lot of people have their summers planned out down with holidays, days out, summer projects they want to achieve and all that gorgeous stuff. I wouldn't say my summer is extremely planned out, so to speak, but there's a few things I have planned. Seeing as the days begin to get shorter and the nights are drawing in, I best get a move on with this post of mine.

Well my summer will be spent....working! I work at a pub and I've been there for just shy of a year now. It's been a good job to have whilst I've been at university but I'm taking up the opportunity to earn a bit more money: I can speak for majority of students that a student loan can only last so long over the summer. I must admit, working at my local pub has really boosted my confidence and my backbone has strengthened quite a bit (my friends and family can back me up on this) because let's face it: you get some "very happy" people in this environment and well, I don't take any sh...ugar anymore. But yes, earning money is on the summer agenda until I leave a week before my birthday! I've met some lovely people at my place of work and as I plan to leave before my birthday and before I progress onto my future...leaving/birthday drinks will be called for!


Another way I will be spending my summer is getting back into my love for drawing. I'm going to be honest, I am pretty good at drawing but there are others who are INSANE at drawing and make me look like a novice. My boyfriend will know this but a while ago now, I started a greyscale tonal drawing of a selfie we had on our first holiday together in Turkey (ah the memories 💖) and it was special as we're in a LDR so the more time we have together, the more it's cherished (we annoy each other but we love each other all the same 💓 - I'll stop being soppy now.) With me being a perfectionist, I want to complete this drawing without any mistakes or any facial features being off by the slightest degree, hence why it would have taken so long for me to finish it. This is just a progress shot:
I've loved drawing since I was in Year 3 so any opportunity I have of diving into my relaxing hobby, I do it.
This summer will be feeling probably a little bit more special than of recent times. Despite being able to spend more time with my boyfriend in the week seeing as uni is out for then, I will be moving away from home to finish off my university degree. I will be talking about this in another blog post so I'll stray away from the details for now, but basically, I want to cherish all the time I have left with my family and friends before time and distance makes it more difficult for me to see them on a daily basis. I love them all to bits and they know I love them to bits and they are all supporting me 100% on my decision to study away from home. It's going to be a special summer with them when the countdown is on but for now, I try to think about the time we will have together rather than the amount of days I have left with them. Before I move, me and my other half are hoping to spend a few days in Barcelona for a little getaway so that will finish the summer off perfectly.

Relating to the above, my summer will also be spent sorting through all my things I have ready to take with me when I move. Now, I feel I will find this a bit difficult because when I pack to go to my boyfriend's for the weekend, I pack more than I need to - and he will vouch for this - so it's going to be the case of I split what I have sorted out to pack into two lists: what I REALLY need and what I FEEL I will need because of those "what if I need it" scenarios. Hopefully this will leave me with the NEEDED items... I am good at packing, but sorting out what I need to pack tends to be a whole different kettle of fish. In other words? Help. Help. Please help.
I feel like I have missed out some key things about how my summer is going to pan out but I know these are the main points - no, wait! Blogging as well! How could I forget that....oops.

Summer 2017 is going to be one that I make the most of at home and cherish and love and not waste sitting on my backside being bored. If this does happen, I will slap myself around the face and force myself to get out in the gorgeous sun (if we do have any) and just take a walk!

I would love to know what you lovely readers are getting up to in your 2017 summers! Holidays? Summer projects? Whatever it is, I would love to read about it so drop a comment down below along with your blog links as I love reading new content. 


Until we meet again....
Much Love   
V A x


Comments

  1. I love how your quirky and funny personality shines through in your narrative!

    I've applied for so many jobs over the summer only to be met with disappointment because, unfortunately, nobody wants a temporary student for an employee. So, I have no idea what I am going to do about money tbh!

    I am glad that you are moving forward positively! What a wonderful blog post - I hope you enjoy your summer!

    Meg x | the-writeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you haha! It's very rare I am told I have a quirky personality but I take it as a compliment! I try to write how I speak so I'm glad this has been put across to you!

      Have you tried looking at local pubs or cafe's? It is tough finding a summer job but don't give up!

      Thank you! Have a wonderful summer too and I look forward to reading more of your lovely content!

      V A x

      Delete

Post a Comment