An Introduction



At the moment, I am currently sitting in my pyjamas whilst on FaceTime with my boyfriend, writing this very BAD attempt at a blog post (totally not giving away the fact that I am not comfortable with writing a blog *insert awkward emoji here*). I feel like I shouldn’t overthink what I want to talk about so my technique is this:



Ramble on and on before editing this like crazy until I am happy with the final blog post….before going back into it and editing some more!
Thinking about what to blog
Outfit details can be found on Instagram


Here's the actual post:

I am a 19 year old fashion student who, a few months ago, began my FAV Instagram account and honestly, I could not be more proud of how far it has come! The likes, comments and followers have made me discover so many successful fashion bloggers, companies and designers. I scroll through my news feed every hour to see what they post and I am always fascinated by what I find.

Recent post - Tuesday 20th September 2016
Link is at top of blog
My obsession with fashion started when I was in Year 6. By this time, I had been through many dream career changes – including wanting to be a professional football player for England.

Not going to happen!

But it was the night that Ugly Betty premiered on Channel 4 and I watched the first episode…I was hooked! I watched every episode there was to watch! More and more, I loved watching the inside life of working at a fashion magazine. My desire to work at somewhere like that only grew and I had made up my mind that when I grew up, I wanted to be a fashion designer. (I played my future self perfectly in the primary school leaver’s play as a fashion designer.)

Since then, all my GCSE subject choices and A-Level choices were focused towards this dream career. I will admit, my future career ambitions slightly fluctuated throughout high school; but they never steered away from a creative industry.

Anyone who is my age has grown up in a time where bloggers and YouTube stars have taken over the internet (in a good way!) Fashion is such a tough industry to breach into anyway; but I’ve noticed that fashion bloggers such as Lorna Luxe and Rosie Fortescue have generated such a successful name for themselves, that I feel inspired to do the same!

I have no idea how well this blog will do or whether I will stick at it for months to come, what with university and other commitments; however, I am going to see how this blog develops.

Now the question is: what will my blog include?

WELL….it will (hopefully) be focused around fashion and art, along with updates about how university is going, or anything that I don’t mind sharing about my personal life. If anyone were to recommend a topic for a blog post, I would be more than happy to consider it because knowing me….I will have writer’s blank.

So would you all like to see a Q and A blog? Would you like to see updates about my progress at university and what I am learning about the fashion world? Leave me comments down below!

But, like I said, I want my blog to be focused on Fashion and Art – FAV J

I am writing this blog for myself in the hope that I can be 100% honest and genuine and be me. This is a step towards making my name known in the fashion world.

Outfit details can be found on my Instagram
 

It has never been a moral I’ve always used; but I feel it applies to so much now as I venture into the blogging world…. “Slow and steady wins the race.”

Comments